Quote My Technology Pty Ltd (ACN: 111 088 343)
It applies for both clients and users of our web site. We require that
of our terms of trade.
- We understand that the privacy of your personal details, and the security
of your transactions with us, is of paramount importance to you. Quote
My Technology has therefore adopted data protection policies with respect
to your privacy and security.
- We are committed to preserving and respecting your privacy and complying
with the National Privacy Principles embodied in the new Privacy Act
which came into effect in December 2001.
- In order to ensure that we meet and maintain our Privacy standards,
we have appointed a Privacy Compliance Officer. Should you wish to contact
us in relation to Privacy, please email us at email@example.com.
We collect different information about you
at different times.
- When you make an inquiry, sign up or contact Quote My Technology for
our services, we request information such as name, address, telephone
number, and any other personal information required to provide the services.
- We may also monitor and/or record telephone conversations with you
from time to time in order to train staff and to improve our service
- We do not collect sensitive information such as your race, religion,
beliefs or sexual preference except where you have consented or where
we are permitted or required by law to do so.
- If you respond voluntarily to our surveys or other interactive communications,
we collect the responses and use the information to improve the quality
and range of products and services.
- You may stop the delivery of future promotional email from Quote My
Technology by following the specific instructions in the email you receive.
These instructions will tell you how to remove your email address from
our promotional email list.
Use of Personal Information
- To improve our performance, we do operate statistics gathering software
on our web site to collect information about the number of visitors
coming to the site. No identifying information is collected by this
to improve the functionality of our web site, not to store any of your
personal information. Cookies cannot determine the identity of individual
users. It is a feature of your Internet browser which you can disable
at any time, but if you disable this feature you may not be able to
access all of the functionality of our web site.
We use your personal information:
Disclosure of Personal Information
- to identify you so that we can provide services to you;
- to provide you with the quotation you have requested via our website
by passing the information you have provided to a local service provider;
- to monitor and address complaints, other feedback, and to resolve
- to improve the services we provide to you and to inform you about
any improvements or changes in services;
- for sales support and product upgrades (in the form of newsletters,
- to market other services that we or third parties offer;
- to monitor your compliance with our Acceptable Use Policy and other
terms and conditions of supply;
- to comply with our reporting and legal obligations;
Generally, we will not disclose
personal information we collect about you to any third parties without
your prior consent. Similarly, we will not sell any information we collect
We will disclose your personal information, without notice or your consent,
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
- we are required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such
action is necessary to conform with the laws, applicable code of conduct
or legal process served on us in relation to our business or web site;
- to protect and defend the rights or property of Quote My Technology;
- if we sell our business or part of it;
- in extreme circumstances, to protect the personal safety of users
of Quote My Technology's services, its web site, our staff or the public.
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information
which we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- If you wish to access the information we hold about you, please send
an email to our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will respond to you within 30 days. A handling fee may be payable
so that we can obtain the information you require.
- If you contact us via telephone, you will need to answer a few security
questions before any personal information is revealed or amended.
- You can also request that incorrect information about you be corrected
Updating our Privacy Statement
- We take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal
information that we hold. This includes appropriate measures to protect
electronic materials and materials stored and generated in hard copy.
- You should be aware that the Internet is not a secure environment.
Constant changes to the Internet and technology mean that we cannot
guarantee that data transmission will be 100% secure, or safe from attack
by unauthorised intruders. If you use the Internet to send us information,
including your email address, it is sent at your own risk.
- If you do not wish to provide your credit card details over the Internet
when paying for a product/service you can download and complete the
"Print and Fax Order Form" from our website.
We may revise or update our privacy
statement from time to time. Should we do so, we will update the policy
on our web site.
Complaints and further information
If you have a complaint about
any aspect of our privacy procedures or would like further information
please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com.
We will deal promptly with your complaint. If we cannot resolve the complaint
to your satisfaction within a reasonable time, you or we may refer the
complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.